Regular massage impacts on many levels: circulation, elimination, relaxation, mobility, pain management, calming the nervous system
• aids in reduction of stress, promotes relaxation
• uses breath as a natural assistant to the session, increases oxygen intake
• addresses joints to promote greater range of motion, improve posture
• may decrease healing time from injuries: muscles & ligaments
• improve both lymph and blood circulation; possibly lower blood pressure
• from the inside: improves posture; from the outside: nurtures the skin
• promotes clearer thinking; alertness, stress reduction
Often a surprise, massage can release emotional tension held in the body. I am aware of and honour this experience on the table. Whether you laugh, or cry, or feel angry, just be with your feelings and let the massage continue - note what you are feeling. This is safe, respectful "loving touch" you are receiving.
• calms and induces relaxation.
• enhances a mind/body awareness
• emotional issues can melt away for positive well being
• reduced anxiety enhances self respect
• sexual arousal may happen and is honoured. This is not about shame and neither is it perceived as a sexual advance.
• a time to shut down the videoes of the mind and just be "in the moment".
• become fully embodied to touch
• become heart-centred as your focus